Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Neglect of our RL loved ones

There is a form or abuse I don't think any of us consciously are aware of that we all do that sign into SL. That is a neglect of our families.  We spent so much time here that this becomes what is real while the ones that depend on us are left hanging.   I have a friend in RL that stayed on pretty much 24/7.  Her son was 13 when she started in SL and he would tell her that he was ok with her being on but the reality was that he was not.  When he graduated this past year, he moved to the town that his much older sister lives in with her husband and family and now won't speak to her or his father.  Now he admits that he was neglected by her and his job obsessed father.   This is far more common than we realize.   There are so many parents in SL that spend their time inworld and not with the people that love them.  Perhaps since the man I was engaged to was killed and I lost our baby after that , I am more aware than most.  I would give anything to have had a life with them and was robbed of it .   There is someone in SL right now that claims to be a mother and her family has issues that should be curtailing her SL time. Yet she is inworld almost constantly.   I hope and pray that she is the RL man , I think she is and not the mother she claims to be.   Or I greatly fear we have a clock tower shooter growing in her neglected household.  
Second Life is fun but as I found out it is not real in any shape, form or fashion. The person that says how much they love you will turn on you in time and your neglected real life ones will not be there.   Remember that next time your child is looking for a bit of attention and love.  

No comments:

Post a Comment